Book Favorites' | 2014
I did a guest post in June 2014 and I talked about my mid-year favourites. These are the ones that made into my heart for the rest of the year.
- 172 Hours On The Moon: Predictable but not really. A horror thriller that was super creepy in that subtle way. D: Thoughts.
- Magnolia: A modern spin on the beloved Romeo and Juliet tale. I had a fun time reading this. My thoughts.
- We Were Liars: A surprising twist right at the end which will make you go whoa and make you appreciate the book so much more.
- Never Trust A Shadow: A really good sequel that has me all anxious for the next book in the series. Reviewed here.
- Perfect Ruin: I have read Wither and I think I enjoyed the world in Perfect Ruin more. If I have to compare the writing, I like it more in PR. All excited for Book 2.
- The Collector’s Society: This adult spin on Alice and her adventures in Wonderland definitely seems promising. Soo looking forward to reading more of Ms. Lyons’ Alice. Review.
- The Night Circus: Loved this excruciatingly layered up world of magic, love, deceit, and pure anxiousness. Le review.
- Random: A really good thought provoking book. Amazingly written. It involves a bully getting a call from someone who is about to commit suicide. You have to read to find out how it all pans out. I need to review this book but I don’t think I can do that of a good job. So just read it.
What books made it into your faves?